The Vision of Allen Community College is to be recognized for excellence as a valuable, responsive resource to the communities we serve and as a caring institution that empowers and educates our students to embrace change, become lifelong learners, and take their place as productive citizens in the global community.
As an institution of higher education, the purpose of Allen Community College is to provide quality educational and support services in an atmosphere that is caring, safe, and conducive to learning. Based on the belief that learning and self improvement are continuous processes, the college is committed to a wide range of accessible, affordable educational programs to enable students to reach their academic, occupational, and personal potential.
Through this commitment, Allen Community College Shall:
Promote a program of continuous institutional improvement that ensures quality, effectiveness, and relevance.
- Provide access to education without the limits of time, place, and distance.
- Enable learners to transfer college credit and successfully pursue education at other institutions.
- Enable students to study career/technical education certificate and degree programs or upgrade work skills that prepare them for successful employment.
- Enrich and encourage personal development through course offerings.
- Prepare students for success in college level work in reading, writing, and computational skills through developmental courses.
- Promote diversity within the student body, administration, faculty, and staff.
- Enrich the environment of students and citizens by engaging them in social, intellectual, cultural, and recreational activities.
- Support student success through effective advisement, counseling and other support services.
- Enhance the student experience by incorporating intercollegiate activities in student life.
- Promote economic development.
- Ensure campus facilities are safe, comfortable, and enhance learning.