Iola provides a number of opportunities for its citizens. The city is known for the rich community life and deep traditions created by its friendly residents.
Iola has one of the largest town squares west of the Mississippi. We invite you to further explore the choices Iola offers by browsing this site.
Iola is the county seat of Allen County, Kansas located approximately 110 miles east of Wichita via U.S. 54Hwy; 105 miles south of Kansas City, Kansas; 155 miles west of Springfield, Missourri; and 140 miles north of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Two major U.S. highways, both U.S. 54 Hwy. and U.S. 169 Hwy. are the main routes to our city. These major roadways intersect at the east city limits.
DIRECTIONS TO IOLA FROM TOPEKA
- Leave Topeka going south on US-75 toward Lyndon
- Continue on US-75 to Yates Center
- Turn left onto W Mary Street/US-54.
- Continue to follow US-54 to Iola
- Turn left on N Cottonwood Street
- Continue on N Cottonwood Street 1.1 miles to the college (The drive takes approximately two hours from Topeka)
Here is an alternate route due to recent construction:
Follow US-54 to Iola and:
- Turn north on State Street
- Continue on State St. until Miller Rd. (Twin Motors)
- Turn east (right) on Miller Rd.
- Continue on Miller Rd until Cottonwood Street
- Turn south (right) on Cottonwood Street
- A & W Drive-In Restaurant, 1421 East Street, Iola
- China Palace, 110 North State, Iola
- Corleone's Pizza, Pasta, and Pub 2402 N. State Street, Iola
- Coronado Mexican Restaurant, 1401 East Street, Iola
- El Charro, 17 West Madison, Iola
- El Pueblitos, 902 N State St, Iola
- The Greenery and The Inn Club, 1315 North State, Iola
- King’s Sandwich Shop, 321 South State, Iola
- McDonald’s, 312 W. Madison, Iola
- Pizza Hut, 1612 North State, Iola
- Sonic Drive-In, 302 W. Madison, Iola
- Subway, 708 North State, Iola
- Taco Bell, 1602 North State, Iola
- Americas Best Value Inn, 1315 North State, Iola 620-365-5161
- Super Eight, 200 Billsway, Iola 620-365-3030