Welcome to Allen's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
We invite all of our students to send us drafts of their writing assignments for feedback through our Online Writing Lab (OWL).
There are two major ways that you can use this service:
1. To ask and receive answers to general writing questions, such as topics, thesis statements, mechanics or grammar, and citation.
2. To get feedback regarding particular pieces of writing for class assignments.
Before using this service, there are a few things you should know:
· You will receive a response from one of our tutors within 48 business hours of our receiving your request. Please note that "business hours" refers to days that school is in session. The 48 hours will not include weekends or days that classes are not in session. (For example, if we receive a draft to review on Friday at noon and school is in session the following week, we will send a reply back by the following Tuesday at noon -- within 48 business hours of our receipt of your request.)
· In order to provide an adequate response to your requests, Writing Center tutors need information about the assignment, about your goals, and about the problems you are having with the assignment. The more information you can provide, the more we can help you.
· The Writing Center tutors will not revise or correct drafts for you. We will comment upon areas that need improvement and suggest ways to improve those areas, and we may show you how to correct particular grammatical or mechanical problems, but we will not edit your work.
If you complete and send the OWL form, click on the link below and please include your email address so that we can send you a response.
Click here for the Online Writing Lab Help Request Form