Aid Eligible Courses & Programs
Your enrollment does affect your eligibility for federal financial aid.
Federal Regulations require you to be “degree” or “eligible certificate” seeking to receive financial aid, but the courses you take must also be required for the program. Essentially, only the coursework that counts towards your degree will be used in determining your hours of enrollment for federal aid purposes (grants, loans, and Federal Work-Study).
- Want to know if they count?
- How do I know if I have a financial aid issue with my schedule?
- What can I do if my classes don't count?
- Will my aid pay for courses that don't count?
- What about electives and developmental courses?
- Can my prerequisite count?
- What if I am taking courses just to be admitted to another program or institution?
- Am I still able to take courses not required for my degree?
- I am double majoring; will all my courses count?
- What if I make a change to my schedule after I receive my refund?
- Eligibility Examples: