A Transfer Student is a student seeking to become a full-time student and transfer their I-20 to Allen. To be considered for admission, the student must submit the following:
- Transfer Student Admissions Checklist
- International Application for Admission
- International Student Transfer Form
- Statement of Finance
- Tuberculosis Screening
- Proof of English Proficiency (School code for requesting TOEFL is 6305)
- Minimum TOEFL score: 520 (Paper Test), 190 (Computer Test), 68 (Web Test) or
- Official transcript documenting 24 credit hours of English-As-A-Second-Language (ESL) coursework with a 2.5 GPA or higher, or
- Official transcript documenting 24 credit hours of college-level coursework an American college or university with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Applicants residing in a country where English is the primary language do not have to submit proof of proficiency.
- Authenticated, translated transcripts of all academic records -To transfer credits from any college or university outside of the United States, transcripts must be evaluated by one of the following agencies and sent directly to Allen:
Educational Credential Evaluators – www.ece.org
Education Evaluators International – www.educei.com
World Education Services – www.wes.org
- Payment of the $50.00 application fee
All required paperwork, documentation, and application fees must be submitted by July 1 for the Fall semester, December 1 for the Spring semester, and May 1 for the Summer session.
Once the documents have been received by Allen Community College, they will be evaluated for admission status. Upon approval, the student will receive instruction on getting their I-20 transferred to Allen and getting enrolled. Payment of all tuition, fees, insurance, and room/board must be paid in full one week before the first day of class for each term.
International students on an I-20 through Allen are required to purchase a medical insurance plan through the college. This insurance must be paid in full with tuition and fees.