Pictures of Allen Community College Students


Academic Support FAQ's


Q:  What is the Academic Support Team?

A:  The Academic Support Team was formed with the intent to provide and enhance student services. It is composed of the Library Director, Library Support Specialist, Math Center Coordinator, Writing Center Coordinator, Student Support Technician, and Retention Specialists from both campuses.

Q:  What is an ESP?

A:  Grades are issued at the close of each semester; however, a progress report may be issued any time to inform a student of his or her status in a class. The Early Student Progress Report (ESP) will be available through campus email, and follow-up will be provided through advisors, coaches and activity sponsors and student services staff. Suggestions and resources such as tutoring may be recommended to help improve the student’s academic performance.

Q:  How can the Retention Specialist or Student Support Technician help me?

A:  The Retention Specialists and Student Support Technician can assist you with identifying academic or personal issues that interfere with your success and will make appropriate referrals to tutoring or other campus resources and community resources if needed.

Q:  How can I become more connected with my school?

A:  Allen strives to help students become engaged with others at Iola and Burlingame. Campus organizations and activities are widely advertised, but we recognize that ideas, needs, and wants can also be suggested by you. The Retention Specialist is interested in learning what students would value and benefit from in terms of activities, services, and events aimed at providing a positive and successful college experience.

Q:  I attend classes on campus and online. Who should I contact if I need help?

A:  The Retention Specialist and Student Support Technician are both available to help you. If they cannot properly address the issue, they will refer you to another Student Support staff member.

Q:  How do I find my email?

A:  From myAllen: or directly at If you are a new Allen student, your Outlook 365 will need to be set up the first time you use it. You will also have access to the full Office 365 suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. You may also choose to have your student email forwarded to a personal email. You can do so by logging into your Allen email, followed by clicking on the blue box that says Mail. Next, click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and select “Options” from the drop-down menu. After that, look down the menu on the left side and select “Forwarding.” Once you select “Start forwarding” and enter your other email address in the box provided, click “Save.” Your messages will now forward to the other account and important communications from the College and students will arrive in both accounts.

Q:  How do I get to Blackboard?


Q:  What is Online Student Orientation?

A:  Orientation is a mini online course on Blackboard that begins on July 21st, 2017 and will remain open until midnight August 20th, 2017. Orientation is optional but will help you test your computer with our system and see what an online course is like.

Q:  When do I pay for my classes?

A:  Please pay on or before August 11th, or you risk being removed from classes for non-payment. You can check your balance due in the myAllen portal. You can contact our Business Office at (620) 901-6296 or (785) 379-8705 with questions.

• Contact Information

• NetTutor

• Community Resources

Iola/Allen County Area

Burlingame/Topeka Area

• Online Resources

• FAQ's



Request Info from Allen Community College

click here for information about the iola campus

burlingame button
click here for information about Online learning

facebook logo  kanVet 140  MFS14 Logo 150x150

aggie day side bar 2017