FAQ's for Veterans
- This is the first time I have used my Veteran's education benefits. How do I apply?
- If I am a new student at Allen, how does my enrollment get certified to the VA?
- I am a new student at Allen but I have used my Veterans' education benefits before. What paperwork do I need to complete?
- If I am a continuing student at Allen, how does my enrollment get certified to the VA?
- I am pursuing my degree at another institution and will be attending Allen as a guest student. How does my enrollment get certified to the VA?
- How much will I be eligible to receive each month?
- How soon will I receive my first payment?
- Does the GI Bill® pay the school directly for my tuition costs?
- I am an actively drilling member of the Reserves or National Guard. How do I apply for Tuition Assistance?
- Does the VA care what classes I take?
- Why won't the VA pay for a class I'm taking?
- How many college credits do I get from my military experience?
- How can I find out if a program is approved for Veterans education benefits?
- Are Veterans Education Benefits taxable?
- Are Veterans benefits payable for enrollment in online classes?
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill